Friday 6 January 2012

Out of the mouth of babes

So tonight I took faith to take part in a steel pan drum concert, which I have to say I really enjoyed, I traveled with a teacher and the children in the coach to and from the concert.

It wasn't until we got back into our own car and I was driving home that faith said she needed to tell me something, she then went onto tell me that one of the children had said to her your dads fat!

Faith then told me that she responded by telling this child that what she said wasn't very nice,what was I supposed to say to my 7 year old that has just defended her dads weight to another child.

I told faith that although it's very hurtful to call someone a name like that that I am actually overweight and that as she knows we will all be eating more healthy food as from next week and I'll be losing weight.

I can't tell you how hurt I feel tonight that faith has had to go through that I'm used to the names and shrugging it off but now it's affecting my daughter it hurts more

It's made me even more determined to do two things
1- I will get down to the weight I want to be
2- ill always teach my daughter that everyone's different and has the right to live without being abused

No comments:

Post a Comment